Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Network management jack to port software inventory

From: Christian heroux <Christian.Heroux () ETSMTL CA>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 13:57:59 -0400

Hello!

            Before developing any application, I would like to know how universities manage their jack to network port
inventories.

EX: IP switch; port switch; jack number; jack room number; department/services; device connected; special config

We would like to migrate from XLS sheet to a database. We didn't find any commercial application so we are thinking
about developing one.

Let me know if you use any open source or commercial application that you would recommend.

Thanks

 "Network design is 50 percent technology, 50 percent diplomacy, 50 percent magic"

Christian Héroux M.Ing, Ing jr.

Analyste de l'informatique

(Sécurité informatique & Télécom)

Section de l'infrastructure informatique et des télécommunications

École de Technologie Supérieure
1100 rue Notre-Dame ouest
Montréal, Québec
H3C 1K3