Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Fwd: UCPL and co-sponsors host Pamela Samuelson on 3/27

From: Tracy Mitrano <tbm3 () CORNELL EDU>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 06:00:26 -0500

I do not have an advance copy of her talk, but I sure could imagine
lots of implications in the electronic security arena given this
title!

Please join us remotely at the url and links provided below!

Cornell's Office of Information Technologies
University Computer Policy and Law Program
Cornell Law School
Cornell University Library Academic Assembly
Information Science

and
TRUST

present

 "Should Technologists Be Responsible for Misuses of Their Products
and Services?"

 with Pamela Samuelson,
the Richard M. Sherman '74
Distinguished Professor of Law and Information,
University of California at Berkeley

MGM recently argued to the Supreme Court that Grokster should be
liable for copyright infringement because the primary use of its
technology was to engage in copyright infringement.

What are the pros and cons of considering technical design as a basis
for liability for third-party
misuses of technology?

Monday, March 27, 2006
4:00-6:00 p.m. Alice Statler Auditorium

Can't make a session? Watch it live!
http://www.cit.cornell.edu/ucpl
Live video will begin a few minutes before each session.
Archived video will be available after the event.

Thank you!

More information about UCPL's upcoming events? Visit
http://www.cit.cornell.edu/ucpl
-