Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Hard Drive Disposal

From: "Penn, Blake" <pennb () UWW EDU>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 09:34:28 -0600

To echo Brian's suggestion, I know that SEM is stuff used widely in
government and other high-security sectors.  But, you might look at their
service too.  Relatively cheap compared to your rates, and I'll doubt you
can find anyone local in Birmingham that could match their thoroughness.
That being said, we still use Killdisk ourselves, but we also have far less
HIPAA stuff to worry about!

http://www.semshred.com/content291.html

Blake Penn, CISSP
Information Security Officer