Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

New "Risk Assessment Outline" now available -- seeking campus examples

From: Ced Bennett <ced.bennett () STANFORD EDU>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 16:13:36 -0800

The Risk Assessment Working Group (of the EDUCAUSE/Internet2 Security Task
Force) has developed a Risk Assessment Outline document which is now
available on the EDUCAUSE website (at
<http://www.educause.edu/LibraryDetailPage/666?ID=CSD4380>
http://www.educause.edu/LibraryDetailPage/666?ID=CSD4380).  The Working
Group is now turning its attention to expanding upon that framework by
providing access to various examples of risk assessment as it is practiced
at different institutions.  We are very interested in any information you
would be willing to share about what your institution has done in this
regard -- examples of standards, methods, procedures, practices, things that
worked and any that didn't -- that you'd be willing to share.  Please
contact my Working Group Co-Chair, Rob Clark (
<mailto:rob.clark () business gatech edu> rob.clark () business gatech edu) or me
( <mailto:Ced.Bennett () Stanford edu> Ced.Bennett () Stanford edu), if you are
interested.

Thank you,
  Ced Bennett
Risk Assessment Working Group Co-Chair

Cedric Bennett        Ph:   650 858-0883       Cell:  650 619-0145
         Emeritus Director, Information Security Services
Stanford University                        <mailto:Ced.Bennett () Stanford edu>
Ced.Bennett () Stanford edu