Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Digital Forensics Professional Services Costs was Use of Digital Forensics Professional Services

From: James H Moore <jhmfa () RIT EDU>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 15:15:46 -0500

We are looking at the costs of outsourcing Digital Forensics
Professional Services, and the costs of keeping it in-house.  Also, we
are looking at determining the point where we do the transition (when it
goes from an investigation to a forensic investigation).  We haven't
done pricing, and so that is what I am looking for is information /
experiences that people have in the investigations and forensics area,
and what influenced their decisions.

Thanks

Jim

- - - -
Jim Moore, CISSP, IAM
Information Security Officer
Rochester Institute of Technology
13 Lomb Memorial Drive
Rochester, NY 14623-5603
(585) 475-5406 (office)
(585) 475-4122 (lab)
(585) 475-7950 (fax)

"We will have a chance when we are as efficient at communicating
information security best practices, as hackers and criminals are at
sharing attack information"  - Peter Presidio