Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Security position open at Ohio State

From: Charles Morrow-Jones <morrow-jones.2 () OSU EDU>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 21:22:38 -0400

All,

There is  a full-time security position available in the  Office of
the CIO's computer and network security group at Ohio State.

The CIO Security group handles a variety of security services for the
University community:
incident response, intrusion detection, support for firewalls and
network access control devices,
forensics, security related consulting, and security awareness instruction.

For this entry level/early intermediate position, we're looking
for  an intelligent, energetic, self-starting person with a
demonstrated ability
 to learn new things  and  who likes to work with people to identify
and solve security problems.

Here is the brief (official) position description:

Performs duties related to receiving, analyzing, resolving or
assigning reports of technology abuse and network security incidents;
documents and disseminates solutions to security problems; develops
and maintains software that supports these position functions.
Responsible for responding to customers who report incidents to the
Office of the CIO Security group, analyzing these incidents, and
bringing the incident to closure by resolving it or assigning it to
another security team member. Documents and distributes information
about solutions to security problems.

For more details, interested parties should see:
https://www.jobsatosu.com/applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp?time=1129422011843

Also, please feel free to refer questions from interested parties to me.

Thanks,  --Chuck
Charles R. Morrow-Jones
Director, Security
Office of the Chief Information Officer
The Ohio State University
morrow-jones.2 () osu edu -or- 1.614.292.1302