Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Risk Analysis Software

From: Melissa Guenther <mguenther () COX NET>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 11:29:18 -0700

I recommend you also take a look at the Risk Assessment Tool at http://www.4frontsecurity.com/
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: David Grisham
  To: SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU
  Sent: Monday, October 17, 2005 10:32 AM
  Subject: Re: [SECURITY] Risk Analysis Software

  we are implementing RiskWatch as a life cycle process for our health science center and hospital system.  There are
successful implementations of both products RiskWatch & RSAM that we talked to during the RFP process.  I would talk to
the vendor and get recommendations from their successes as well as research listservs-you are doing here.  I would be
glad to talk with you off-line about the successes and problems we have had with our product.

  Cheers. -grish
  David D. Grisham, Ph.D.,  CISM, CHS III
  Information Security Officer,
  UNM Hospitals, Information Technology
  1650 University Blvd,  S.500, Albuquerque, NM 87102
  Ph: (505) 272-5657 FAX 272-3305
  Work email:  dgrisham () salud unm edu
  Adjunct Faculty, Computer Science, UNM
  Academic & personal email:  dave () unm edu

  >>> bradmiller () MAIL UND NODAK EDU 10/17/2005 11:04:00 AM >>>

  Has anyone used or evaluated any software packages for Risk
  Management/Assessment?  I would like to conduct a fact-based risk
  analysis on critical campus IT resources/processes based on NIST/ISO
  standards, and would like to use a certain level of automation to cut
  down on the time commitment.  I have looked at a few packages including
  CounterMeasures (www.countermeasures.com), Riskwatch
  (www.riskwatch.com), and  RSAM (www.relsec.com).  If anyone has any
  experience with these or others, your comments would be greatly
  appreciated.  Feel free to contact me offline if you'd like.

  Thanks,
  ~Brad

  Brad Miller
  IT Security Officer