Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Question on LDAP

From: "Drews, Jane E" <jane-drews () UIOWA EDU>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 15:18:39 -0500

Michael,
We have a fairly mature identity management and service provisioning
architecture, that closely binds our metadirectory (LDAP) with our
authentication engine (AD). The ldap houses person data that is used in
business rules for provisioning services. This is a highly controlled
environment. We have a governance structure for change management & control
(for everything from integrating/adding services, to specifying and
approving schema extensions) and it has been pretty successful for us. I
have to say that this isn't for the faint of heart - it's complicated and
tricky, both technically and politically. Let me know if you have specific
questions.

Jane Drews
The University of Iowa