Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

job posting: REN-ISAC Lead/Senior Security Engineer

From: Doug Pearson <dodpears () INDIANA EDU>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 07:03:59 -0500

Dear all,

The REN-ISAC[1] has an opening for a Lead/Senior Security Engineer. The description and online application are at:
https://webdb.iu.edu/humanresources/secure/app-new/tech_browse.cfm#00029241

The REN-ISAC[1] receives, analyzes and acts on operational, threat, warning and actual attack information derived from
backbone network instrumentation and information sharing relationships, and works with Internet2, EDUCAUSE, and other
network providers and associations to satisfy specific goals for the improvement of network security.

The individual who takes this lead/senior position will have a ground-floor opportunity to help define, establish,
execute, and promulgate REN-ISAC services and information product, and contribute positive work at a broad level in
higher-ed.

The position is funded with soft money, but we anticipate continuing need, and the position is under a management
structure that has extensive experience sustaining soft money work through grant and contract activities.

If you know of good candidates, please let them know.

All applications must be submitted via the online application at the referenced web page - not to me directly. I'm
happy to field all questions.

Regards,

Doug Pearson
PGP: http://mypage.iu.edu/~dodpears/dodpears_pubkey.asc
Research and Education Networking ISAC
24x7 Watch Desk: +1(317)278-6630, ren-isac () iu edu
http://www.ren-isac.net

[1] http://www.ren-isac.net