Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Procedure Question

From: "Cuocco, Patricia" <Pcuocco () CALSTATE EDU>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 11:02:12 -0700

Please don't take this as the rule in California.  The law is  much more
stringent and requires notice if the confidential data has "potentially"
been compromised, which most of us here have taken to mean that there
was data on the compromised system even if there is no indication that
it was accessed.

That being said, I'll defer to my technical brethren to expound further.

Patricia