Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: p2p statistics

From: Huba Leidenfrost <huba () UIDAHO EDU>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 11:08:16 -0700

You could get an Audible Magic eval. Copysense appliance and run it in
passive mode and gather the statistics for yourself.  They can also tell you
what their customers are seeing in your market sector.  I believe it was
close to 95% of P2P was illegal distribution of copyrighted works.

Not a customer, not affiliated with them.  Just thought this may help in
your quest for knowledge.

Huba Leidenfrost
ITS Security Analyst
University of Idaho