Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Barracuda Spam Filter

From: Jeff Kell <jeff-kell () UTC EDU>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 16:17:32 -0400

Quick question for you fellow 'cuda owners (our 'cuda wrangler is unreachable on annual leave at the moment)...

Anyone else notice their 'cuda getting rather 'paranoid' as of late?  Maybe it is just us, but we are getting a
wholesale increase of tagged spam and some collateral bounces of legitimate mail.  The individual scores are generally
absent or very low at worst, but there is one common denominator, the tagline:

Note the third value.  The reported lines are blank:

It appears to be the mysterious third number in the Barracuda-Bayes information that tags/bounces things, and I don't
see any mention let alone explanation of it in the 'cuda documentation.

Anyone else, perchance, seeing similar behavior?

Jeff