Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: ND Status of SMTPAuth and SSL'ed e-mail

From: Karen Eft <kareneft () BERKELEY EDU>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 08:04:50 -0700

DeWitt:
See info re UC Berkeley "CalMail" system's new security
requirements due to our impending enforcement of "Minimum
Standards for Security of Networked Devices":

http://istpub.berkeley.edu:4201/bcc/Spring2005/calmailsecurity.html
("Secure connections to CalMail required beginning March 1")

Not all our email users are on this central system, but it is
attracting more small "satellite" systems to convert, rather than
continue maintaining their local services.

The implementation was very work intensive, including the
user assistance, but it seems to be going well now.
-Karen