Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: IDS, IPV6, and 10 Gig

From: "Cebulski, John" <jcebulski () RKON COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 09:17:02 -0500

Hello,

There are a few vendors who can fulfill these requirements.  Do you have
specific apps that you are looking to run or are you willing to utilize
whatever application can run at this speed?  I'm asking because these
devices are usually optimized for a specific application/hardware
combination in order to attain these speeds.

Crossbeam - they make a device that runs the Check Point Interspect
software, which may meet your needs.  I've seen this stuff in action, an
the organization that I work for resells this stuff.

Cloudshield - they make high speed devices, and the software is purpose
built for their hardware.  I've never worked with these systems, but I
know one of the company's founders and they have a lot of govt.
references.

Hope this helps.

John Cebulski

RKON Technologies