Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Tenth Annual ICPL Seminar June 28 - July 1

From: Steve Worona <sworona () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 14:28:51 -0400

Colleagues --

The tenth annual Computer Policy and Law Summer Seminar,
sponsored by EDUCAUSE and Cornell University, will take
place this year Tuesday-Friday June 28 - July 1 in beautiful
Ithaca, NY.  For full information and a registration form,
link to

http://www.sce.cornell.edu/exec/cpl.php

There are slots remaining, but please grab them fast, since
attendance and hotel space are limited.

We're featuring a tremendous lineup of speakers, including:

Andrea Beesing (Cornell University)
Deborah Buck (Association of Assistive Technology ACT Programs)
Scott Charney (Microsoft)
Kenny Crews (Indiana University - Purdue University Indianapolis)
Chip German (University of Mary Washington)
Bob Hamilton (Jones, Day, Reavis and Pogue)
Doris Kirby (Emory University)
M. Stuart Lynn (ICANN, retired)
Leslie Maltz (Columbia University)
Steve McDonald (Rhode Island School of Design)
David Millar (University of Pennsylvania)
Tracy Mitrano (Cornell University)
Rodney Petersen (EDUCAUSE)
Margie Hodges Shaw (University of Rochester)
Renee Shuey (Pennsylvania State University)
Lauren Steinfeld (University of Pennsylvania)
Sharon Trerise (Cornell University)
David Wasley (Internet2)
Steve Schuster (Cornell University)
Wendy Wigen (EDUCAUSE)
Steve Worona (EDUCAUSE)

This year's sessions include:

Introduction to the Law
Web Accessibility Policies
Internet Governance
The InCommon Federation
Privacy: Why Should We Care and What Should We Do?
Computer and Network Security Policies
Federal Legislation
Issues and Options: Privacy
Issues and Options: "Piracy"
Copyright in Cyberspace
What to Watch for Next

I'm particularly looking forward to Stuart Lynn's discussion
of Internet governance.

As always, we're allowing lots of time for give-and-take
between the audience and presenters, and repeating our
popular and entertaining case-study role-play, featuring
a topic from current headlines.  And be sure to sign up
for Wednesday night's Cayuga Lake dinner cruise.

Hope to see you in June!

Steve Worona

PS -- Please pass this announcement along to interested
colleagues and mailing lists.