Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

SANS EDU at The University of Tennessee

From: Robert Ridenour <ridenour () UTK EDU>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 10:28:31 -0400

All,

The University of Tennessee, in cooperation with The SANS Institute, is
planning to host a SANS EDU event in the upcoming months.  As such, please
email me regarding your preferred dates, course selection, and the
name/email of those planning on attending so we can finalize the course and

work with SANS to schedule the instructor.

At the moment we have the following dates and courses in mind:

Potential Dates:

            August 14 - 19, 2005 (or) November 6 - 11, 2005

Potential Courses:

            SANS Security Essentials Bootcamp (SEC401) - Formerly Track 1

            Hacker Techniques, Exploits & Incident Handling (SEC504) -
Formerly Track 4

            (visit www.sans.org for additional course details).

Location:

            University of Tennessee's Knoxville Campus (UT Conference
Center)

            (visit http://www.outreach.utk.edu/conferences/facilities.html
for additional information)

Cost:

            To Be Determined!

            The normal cost for the full 6-day SANS GIAC course SEC401 is
$3,145.00 plus $300.00 for the certification attempt.

            The normal cost for the full 6-day SANS GIAC course SEC504 is
$3,045.00 plus $300.00 for the certification attempt.

            Depending on the number of attendees the University of Tennessee
guarantees, a discounted price is extended from SANS.

            Nevertheless, the cost should be somewhere in the range of
$500-$800 for the full course plus the $300 for the certification attempt.

Who May Attend:

            Any accredited EDU - college, university, community college,
K-12 only! No Commercial or Government employees.

Regards,

James Perry, Statewide Security Team Lead

The University of Tennessee - Information Security Office

916 Volunteer Blvd., Suite 205

Knoxville, TN  37996

(865) 974-3592

Jperry1 () utk edu