Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Policies on Server Installations

From: "Drake, Craig" <c-drake () NEIU EDU>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 08:37:34 -0500

I was wondering if anybody had any good examples of written policies
restricting the implementation and administration of Server systems to
the central IT Department.  We have had sort of an unwritten
understanding that all server systems are managed by our central
Networking department, but we would like to get it in writing as part of
our overall IT Policies. If anybody has any examples, please reply to
the list or send them to me directly.

Thank you,

Craig Drake

Networking and Distributed Services