Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: How do you all handle SSH access to campus resources?

From: Michael Horne <Michael.Horne () OLIN EDU>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 12:43:36 -0400

Sorry let me elaborate a bit more on this.

We also have VPN access for windows users and select number of MAC's as
well, but the issue is more for faculty who use linux and need to access
internal linux systems, and that the linux clients aren't free for VPN
access.
So SSH is a viable solution for most of there needs.
Just we would like to limit our exposure to the world via SSH access

Thanks again

Mike