Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

System Development Security Standards

From: Tim Lane <tlane () SCU EDU AU>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 15:33:38 +1100

Hi All,

I wondered if anyone knows of any references or standards/best practices
for incorporation of security standards/checks for systems development.

I am aware of OWASP (Open Web Application Systems Project) for web
applications, but this is more of a "Top 20" vulnerabilities SAN's style.

I am looking for a higher level check list or guide as to what best
practice recommends for ensuring that security is incorporated into the
acceptance of new IT systems.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim Lane

Tim Lane
Information Security Program Manager

Information Technology and Telecommunication Services
Southern Cross University
PO Box 157 Lismore NSW 2480

Ph:  61 2 6620 3290
Fax: 61 2 6620 3033