Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: thesis

From: "Lopez, Diego" <diego.lopez () MDC EDU>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 14:27:20 -0500

[QUOTE]
but things like compatibility among security devices, recognizing and
categorizing events, gathering, condensing and analyzing the plethora of
information to make it useable in a meaningful and powerful way, and
trying
to make this all happen near real-time hasn't been achieved yet
[/QUOTE] -- Wade Baker

I agree with that statement 100%. There are so many vendors/tools to
detect
and alleviate Information Security vulnerabilities, but they each
require a
FT person to understand/deploy/manage each solution. The worst part is
not
having "merge able" data to analyze and determine a comprehensive
security
standpoint with these so called "out of the box" security solutions...

Diego J Lopez :: diego.lopez () mdc edu
Ph 305.237.0931 :: Fax 305.237.0911

Please Note:
Due to Florida's very broad public records law, most written
communications to or from College employees regarding College business
are public records, available to the public and media upon request.
Therefore, this e-mail communication may be subject to public
disclosure.