Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Upgrading Eudora clients due to recent vulnerability

From: Robert Berlinger <rnb () AECOM YU EDU>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 14:46:45 -0500

Is anyone else in a university (primarily decentralized) environment with a
large number of installed Windows Eudora clients currently grappling with
how best to get all of the systems upgraded due to the vulnerability
recently discovered by NGSSoftware present in all versions prior to 6.2.1?

We're struggling with having users perform self-upgrades as they run into
issues such as multiple versions of Eudora having been installed on one
system, Eudora being installed into different Windows profiles, etc.  IT
doesn't have the resources to do all the work ourselves.

Are other schools not concerned with the vulnerability and ignoring the
issue, or just sending out awareness alerts, etc.  Any information or
guidance would be appreciated since we haven't seen any chatter on this
topic in the usual places.

Thanks.