Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Security Staff "Roles and Responsibilities"

From: "Hearn, David L." <DHearn () ADMIN FSU EDU>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 08:21:20 -0500

Hello all,

        Last week there was a thread discussing numbers of security team
members. I'd like to expound on that topic as part of a proposal and
cost-benefit analysis for dedicated security staffing. I am interested
in getting some input as to their various roles, responsibilities, and
an estimated time analysis "break down" of your team members. I guess
more simply stated - What are the skill sets and responsibilities of
your team? What do they do day-to-day? I'm particularly interested in
the reporting lines and interactions with your operations folks.

Thank you for your time, consideration, and any input.

David Hearn
FSU - OTI Windows System Admin
david.hearn () fsu edu
w -(850)644-2591