Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Marketscore and Higher Ed

From: Jeff Kell <jeff-kell () UTC EDU>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 09:19:31 -0500

OK, now we're tracking marketscore traffic with snort and have found the
apparent list of infected/infested systems.  I recall there were several
different workarounds suggested for removing the thing.  I am curious
what the current "state of the art" suggestions are for verifying it's
presence and removing the software (i.e., what advice do you give to the
user)?

Jeff