Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Password Cracking & Consequences

From: Theresa M Rowe <rowe () OAKLAND EDU>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 12:17:58 -0400

Yes, that's what I was looking for.  Your policy does not
explicitly state the password cracking technique, but you
have had campus discussion on the policy?

For us to create an IT policy here, there's at least 4 rounds
of different committee review and approval.  We'd have to
explicitely state we were going to try to crack passwords, or
the policy would not support the action.

Theresa