Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Assist the PITAC?

From: Gene Spafford <spaf () CERIAS PURDUE EDU>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 19:11:00 -0500

Hello, all.

The President's Information Technology Advisory Committee (PITAC) is
preparing a report on funding for cyber security/information security
& assurance/(pick your nomenclature) R&D.

One of the aspects of this effort is coming up with a list of
recommendations made in other groups' reports over the last few
years.   We would like for this to be as complete as possible, for
all the obvious reasons.

Therefore, if you know of any report (on paper or WWW) that a legit
group (industry, academic, or government) has put out with a list of
recommendations in cyber security R&D, would you please send me the
title/location info: <spaf () purdue edu>?

Note that we already know about:

CSTB Trust in Cyberspace
CSTB Information Technology for Counterterrorism
CSTB Embedded Everywhere
CSTB Critical Information Infrastructure Protection and the Law
CRA Grand Challenges
IRC Hard Problems lists (98 & 04)
I3P Cyber Research and Development Agenda
IWGITRD High Confidence Software and Systems Research Needs

Ideally, I need any input by the end of the week.

Thanks in advance!
--spaf