Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Pop-up Prevention

From: Gary Flynn <flynngn () JMU EDU>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 18:40:38 -0400

Gibbs, Aaron M. wrote:

I'd be interested if anyone has noticed/encountered any security flaws with Firefox.

I sent the Mozilla group a message asking about the
appropriateness of the Mozilla application suite
versus Firefox for sensitive applications last month.
Their response is below. This leads me to think of
Firefox and Mozilla the way I think of Fedora and
RedHat Enterprise. However, I don't think I'd get
many general purpose vendors today, except perhaps
the "unbreakable Oracle", to say they're ready for
security applications. :)