Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Incident Response Procedures

From: Steve Schuster <sjs74 () CORNELL EDU>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:53:51 -0400

Jason,

        I'd be willing to help out but this topic is so broad that it
would take an entire document to outline.  Is your desire to think through
enabling the right offices, building a security team, working through

        There's a pretty good document on the ECAR site that outlines
incident resposne procedures taken from NIST Special Publication 800-61.

        If you'd like to give me a call I'd be happy to discuss what we
have in place, what's working, what's not and how we're moving forward.

sjs