Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Information Security Awareness Day , Week

From: Ken Shaurette <kmshaurette () MPCCORP COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 08:13:00 -0600

At the "federal" or US National level it is intended that 9/10 be a day
not just for Information Security Awareness, but security and safety
awareness overall.  We already have "CyberSecurity" Days in the spring
and fall with daylight savings time, there is also Computer Security Day
from the ACM on November 30.  There was a firewall security day earlier
this year.

The intention is to create a day of observance that is not specific to
cyber, physical, a vendor or a technology.  Just good old fashioned "Be
Aware or BeWARE".

Add September 10, 2004 to your calendars and lets all increase our
awareness every day leading up to it and every day after it.

Melissa great work on the materials and sharing.

Ken
------

Ken M. Shaurette, CISSP, CISA, CISM
MPC Solutions - Security
(262) 523-3300 x60486
------
National Security Awareness Day - September 10, 2004 - Are you aware?
------