Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Informnation Security Awarenes Day , Week

From: Melissa Guenther <mguenther () COX NET>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 19:59:13 -0700

Please take time to consider sending a note to your Governor to ask for a
proclamation for Security Awareness Day or Week,
Governor Napalitano just dedicated the fourth week in April as Information
Security Awareness Day - many initiative can be done and I have alot of
material I would be willing to donate.

Please let me know if you need any additional information Or material

Currently - information Security Awareness day on the Federal  level is 9/10
- the Week is designated as the fourth week in April - I realize not much
time but I have material all ready to use.  You just need to let me know if
you are interested.

Thanks - " you can force them to change their password, but how to you have
them change their behaviors?"
It takes knowledge (what to do), skill (how to do) and attitude (want to or
shy to do)

Melissa