Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Update: U.S. National Security Awareness Day

From: "Gideon T. Rasmussen, CISSP, CISM, CFSO, SCSA" <lists () INFOSTRUCT NET>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 16:47:17 -0400

F.Y.I. Over the past few weeks I have received an increased flow of
e-mail in support of NSAD. I wanted to let you know of this development
and encourage you to contact your government representatives
(http://www.ussecurityawareness.org/highres/takeaction.html). The best
way to reach Governor Bush is Jeb.Bush () MyFlorida com.

The concept of NSAD is to take one day to focus on security as a annual
observance called by the President (similar to Veterans Day). NSAD
represents a focal point for security efforts.

If NSAD is successful, it will be easier to promote other security
initiatives. When was the last time you saw someone from a major
security organization on CNN (e.g. ISC2, ISSA, ISACA, etc.)?

Please consider forwarding this message on.

Kind regards,

Gideon

Gideon T. Rasmussen
CISSP, CISM, CFSO, SCSA