Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Enhanced Linksys wireless security

From: "Gideon T. Rasmussen, CISSP, CISM, CFSO, SCSA" <lists () INFOSTRUCT NET>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 19:13:01 -0400

Linksys has updated the firmware for the Linksys G router (WRT54G) to
include AES and TKIP encryption. I am using TKIP because it changes
encryption keys at a configurable period. Locking down access by MAC
address provides additional security.

I found this a pleasant surprise because I bought my router over a year
ago. Other Linksys hardware may have been updated to include similar
functionality.

Kind regards,

Gideon

Gideon T. Rasmussen
CISSP, CISM, CFSO, SCSA
Boca Raton, FL
gideon () infostruct net

National Security Awareness Day - September 10, 2004 - Are you aware?

http://www.linksys.com/download
ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pdf/wrt54gv1.1_ug.pdf