Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: MS04-011 Worm Info from Symantec

From: Marty Hoag <Marty.Hoag () NDSU NODAK EDU>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 21:53:53 -0500

   We are seeing quite a few Sasser infections too.
We blocked a couple hundred PCs last evening and I suspect
most of them were Sasser. McAfee also has info and raised
the risk level to Medium for this worm (it is included in
the v2.2.3 stinger). See http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_125007.htm

Faigle, Chris wrote:

Symantec has sent out info regarding a worm targeting MS04-011:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.sasser.worm.html

Regards,
Chris Faigle
IS Security