Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

PeopleSoft Risk Mitigation for Weblogic 5.1 End of Life

From: Gary Flynn <flynngn () JMU EDU>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 20:22:05 -0500

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone is running PeopleSoft versions prior to
8.4 with Weblogic and what your plans are for mitigating the risk
associated with BEA's February end-of-life announcement for
Weblogic 5.1.

It is my understanding that PeopleSoft must be upgraded to 8.4
for Weblogic 6.x support and 8.44 for Weblogic 8.x support.
It is also my understanding that there are significant application
related hurdles involved in reaching those PeopleTools releases.
However, BEA dropped support for Weblogic 5.1 meaning no
further patches (security patches being the primary concern here).

The thought of running unsupported software facing the Internet
makes me ill.

Thanks for any insight.

Gary Flynn
Security Engineer