Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Thinking outside the box - Managed or Outsourced Security Services

From: James Moore <jhmfa () RIT EDU>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 14:10:30 -0500

I know that there was a thread on this, not too long ago.
Unfortunately, I don't seem to have saved it.  My manager is asking me
to price all alternatives, including managed or outsourced information
security.

1) Has anyone done it?

2) How has it been working out?

3) What services did you look for?

4) How did that compare against internal prices (what sort of a value
matrix did you use in decision-making)

5) Could you send me a copy of the RFP you put out to take a look at (I
am willing to sign an NDA.)

Jim
- - -
Jim Moore, CISSP, IAM
Information Security Officer
Rochester Institute of Technology
13 Lomb Memorial Drive
Rochester, NY 14623-5603
Office: 585-475-5406
Fax: 585-475-7950

"In cases of defence 'tis best to weigh the enemy more mighty than he
seems" - William Shakespeare (Henry V, Act 2, Scene 4)