Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: [SECURITYEP] Discussion about Windows XP SP2

From: "Niedens, Travis" <Travis_Niedens () REDLANDS EDU>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 16:09:09 -0800

I am currently participating in the Windows XP SP2 beta.  Honestly, I
haven't as many issues.  Have you participated in the chats that MS has
hosted for this product?  They have integrated a lot of suggestions from
those between releases (Beta1, Beta2, RC1). Has your rep acknowledged the
issue with NTLMv2? If so, was it due to a security flaw ?  From what I have
seen on the chats, features are either removed, modified or added purely to
better secure the OS.  Honestly, I'd rather have an issue like this rather
than one where 500+ hosts get infected with a flavor-of-the-month virus and
start bringing down the network.

Travis Niedens
Network Manager
University of Redlands