Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Sniffer notification

From: Cal Frye <cjf () CALFRYE COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 12:19:28 -0500

Thank you all.
I think I have a sense of what I needed from the several policies
referenced. Ours are among the more vague examples, but still leave us
the permission to do what we need to do.

I note with interest the more strict policies of Georgetown and MUSC's
involvement with the Institutional Review Board. It's very eye-opening
to see the differences between the various approaches to privacy of user
files and traffic discussed in this thread.

--Cal Frye, Network Administrator, Oberlin College
 www.ouuf.org, www.calfrye.com