Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Libraries in the Digital World on Thursday, 3/18

From: Tracy Mitrano <tbm3 () CORNELL EDU>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 14:17:15 -0500

Dear Friends:

This Thursday we have another program, which we are streaming live,
featuring Miriam Nisbet of the American Library Association, who will be
speaking on "Libraries and the Digital World."  The program begins at 2:30
and is scheduled to go until 4:30.  Two hours following the event it will
also be available as archived video.

If you have questions during the event you can e-mail them to me at
tbm3 () cornell edu.  I will be happy to  pass the question along in the
discussion portion of the presentation.

Can not say enough good things about Ms. Nisbet,who worked for the
Department of Justice for 15 years before becoming legislative counsel for
the ALA.  She has participated in the drafting of the DMCA and TEACH Act,
wrote on behalf of the ALA to drafters of the Patriot Act, and I believe,
among other topics, will discuss the proposed database legislation.

I hope you can join us!  http://www.cit.cornell.edu/oit/ucpl/Nisbet.html

Tracy

Please excuse redundant messages and pass along this message to friends and
interested parties!