Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

FW: 1500+ client active botnet

From: "Bruhn, Mark S." <mbruhn () INDIANA EDU>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 15:45:04 -0500

See this below.  The organization who owns this IP agreed to have it
distributed so other orgs could look for botted devices contacting
(attempting to contact) the mothership there...
M.

--
Mark S. Bruhn, CISSP, CISM

Chief IT Security and Policy Officer
Associate Director, Center for Applied Cybersecurity Research
(http://cacr.iu.edu)

Office of the Vice President for Information Technology and CIO
Indiana University
812-855-0326

Incidents involving IU IT resources: it-incident () iu edu
Complaints/kudos about OVPIT/UITS services: itombuds () iu edu