Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Any ideas?

From: Matthew Keller <kellermg () POTSDAM EDU>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 16:46:14 -0500

Bagle listens on port 6777 not 6667. This is likely to be an IRCbot
virus, probably Agobot (http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/agobot.shtml) or
something like it.

On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 16:38, Christopher Condie wrote:
I think you may be experiencing the W32.Beagle worm.  If you go to
http://www.symantec.com you can get information on how to get rid of the
worm.  It should destroy itself also as of the 28th of January according to
Symantec.

Just a thought,

Christopher R. Condie
Oakland University