Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Eggdrop Backdoors on TCP 145 and 2583

From: Jeni Li <jeni.li () ASU EDU>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 11:30:05 -0700

FWIW, here are the whois records from ARIN for those IPs.

----------------------
63.168.242.220
OrgName:    KIREnet Communications
OrgID:      KIRENE-1
Address:    po box 513
City:       DIGHTON
StateProv:  MA
PostalCode: 02751
Country:    US

NetRange:   63.168.242.0 - 63.168.243.255
CIDR:       63.168.242.0/23
NetName:    FON-106803660850962
NetHandle:  NET-63-168-242-0-1
Parent:     NET-63-160-0-0-1
NetType:    Reassigned
Comment:
RegDate:    2000-06-02
Updated:    2000-06-02

TechHandle: EMS2-ARIN
TechName:   Soroka, Erik
TechPhone:  +1-877-547-3638
TechEmail:  erik () kirenet com

----------------------
209.126.201.99
OrgName:    California Regional Internet, Inc.
OrgID:      CALI
Address:    8929A COMPLEX DRIVE
City:       SAN DIEGO
StateProv:  CA
PostalCode: 92123
Country:    US

NetRange:   209.126.128.0 - 209.126.255.255
CIDR:       209.126.128.0/17
NetName:    CARI
NetHandle:  NET-209-126-128-0-1
Parent:     NET-209-0-0-0-0
NetType:    Direct Allocation
NameServer: NS1.ASPADMIN.COM
NameServer: NS2.ASPADMIN.COM
Comment:    ADDRESSES WITHIN THIS BLOCK ARE NON-PORTABLE
RegDate:    1999-03-12
Updated:    2003-07-01

AbuseHandle: ABUSE341-ARIN
AbuseName:   Abuse
AbusePhone:  +1-858-974-5080
AbuseEmail:  abuse () cari net

TechHandle: IC63-ARIN
TechName:   California Regional Intranet, Inc.
TechPhone:  +1-858-974-5080
TechEmail:  sysadmin () cari net

OrgTechHandle: SYSAD5-ARIN
OrgTechName:   sysadmin