Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Security BOF at Joint Techs

From: Doug Pearson <dodpears () INDIANA EDU>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 10:53:16 -0500

Dear all,

Charles Yun and I are organizing a Security BOF at the upcoming Joint Techs meeting. If you have questions or
suggestions, please let Charles or me know, otherwise the agenda is looking like:

Security BOF
2004 Spring Joint Techs, Hawaii
Afternoon Monday 26 Jan 2004

Moderator: Doug Pearson

UPDATES AND REPORTS (~10 minutes each)
        REN-ISAC & National Cybersecurity Early Warning TF (Pearson)
        SALSA Update (Yun or Klingenstein)
        Measurement Activities (Matt Zekauskas)
        Sharing our Pain (Greg Travis)

BREAK (10 minutes)

OPEN DISCUSSION SEED TOPICS (~45 mins)
        Audience Survey
                identify current activities
                audience perspective
                general trends (script kidz vs. professionals)
        Current Experiences
                pain points
                lost time/effort
                current problems
        Wish lists
                what tools are missing/what tools are people using?
                        monitors/sensors, visualization
                what role should backbone play?
                is there a need for general approaches, cookbooks,
                guidelines?

-o0o-