Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Free Security Posters

From: Dan Updegrove <updegrove () MAIL UTEXAS EDU>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 18:13:28 -0600

David and colleagues,

I ordered a set of the posters, no charge, no shipping charge, and had no
problems with the SSL cert. In the time it took me to start this msg, I
received an email confirmation.

        Thank you for your order from the Microsoft Security Posters For
Education Site.  Your Order ID is ....
        The following material(s) were ordered:
        60381FG - 3 POSTER KIT (25 PER KIT)   Qty: 1
        If you have any questions about this order, please email us at [
mailto: mscc () kpcorp com ].
        Thank you again for your order,
        Microsoft Security Posters For Education

It's unfortunate the site isn't clearer that Microsoft is providing the
posters at no charge, and that they're using a third party for processing.

Having been part of the team that reviewed the poster design, I think we
can give Microsoft the benefit of the doubt here, even if the web site
implementation is less than perfect.

Regards,
Dan