Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Unknown ICMP traffic

From: "Barros, Jacob" <jkbarros () GRACE EDU>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 08:27:46 -0500

Thanks for the info Pete and Brian.

Do either of you, or anyone else, require students to disable the
service or apply the referenced patch?  I haven't been monitoring long
enough to know but is this really that big a deal? Is 20MB per hour a
number that we can anticipate being a small campus (900 connections,
1300 users)?  Any comments would be helpful.

I apologize if this is a repeat thread.  I haven't been on the list for
very long.

Jake Barros