Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Desktop patch management?

From: "Smith, Barry" <bcsmith () BBC EDU>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 09:59:40 -0400

Several have mentioned the use of Microsoft's SUS to deliver updates to the
desktop.  We currently have a mixed environment of NT 4.0 and Win 2000
servers but we have NOT gone to Active Directory.  I know that SUS needs to
be on at least a 2000 server.  Is it necessary to have Active Directory
going to use it?  Our clients include a very mixed bag of everything from
Win 95 to Win XPs.

Thanks.

Barry Smith