Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Verisign's SiteFinder

From: "Bruhn, Mark S." <mbruhn () INDIANA EDU>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 14:34:50 -0500

Some more references to this.  There is a change that can be made to DNS to deal with this, which our DNS folks
implemented a few weeks ago, but I can't find the technical details on that now...

M.

--

The media angle

The IAB commentary - this is the most detailed coverage of it's effect.
http://www.iab.org/documents/docs/2003-09-20-dns-wildcards.html

The ICANN advisory
http://www.icann.org/announcements/advisory-19sep03.htm

M.

--
Mark S. Bruhn, CISSP, CISM

Chief IT Security and Policy Officer
Associate Director, Center for Applied Cybersecurity Research (http://cacr.iu.edu)

Office of the Vice President for Information Technology and CIO
Indiana University
812-855-0326

Incidents involving IU IT resources: it-incident () iu edu
Complaints/kudos about OVPIT/UITS services: itombuds () iu edu