Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Mysterious Email Problems

From: "Barros, Jacob" <jkbarros () GRACE EDU>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 10:06:17 -0500

We too have had similar occasions with outside companies.  Each time the
problem seemed to be on their end.  Our exchange admin said that we used
http://dnsreport.com to check the accuracy of their DNS setup and found
that they did not have the reverse lookup working.  (But they do now...
thus the problem no longer exits.)  We've never been curious enough to
follow up and ask what they did or how they did it.