Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Student Computers

From: "Steven R. Smith" <Steven.R.Smith () HOFSTRA EDU>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 10:32:35 -0400

What are other schools doing regarding student computers?  Are you providing the students with standardized laptops and
then including the costs in tuition?  We currently let students bring their own computers in, but they have to be
checked out by Student Computing Services before they are allowed to connect to the network.

We're thinking of changing that process and providing standardized computers that we can control.  With the recent worm
and virus outbreaks, its been a nightmare.

Steve.