Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Laptop Tracking software

From: "H. Morrow Long" <morrow.long () YALE EDU>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 09:45:48 -0400

Computrace (Canadian, www.computrace.com) and zTrace (US, www.ztrace.com)
are two big players in this market.

Both are agressive in the higher Ed market.  I can 'sic' some sales droids on you if
you want...

H. Morrow Long, CISSP
Director of Information Security
Yale University, ITS

Ariel Silverstone wrote:

Friends,

Our library is interested in purchasing multiple (10<x<100) laptops for loan
to users - whom can then browse the Internet wirelessly or otherwise.  They
have asked for my recommendation on software or some other device that will
help them keep track (and trace) these machines.

I would love any input and suggestions.

Thank you,

Ariel Silverstone, CISSP, CBCP
Chief Ifnroamtion Security Officer