Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: RIAA Moves Against College-Control of your Computers

From: "Dennis Meharchand, CEO Valt.x" <dennis () VALTX COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 12:00:25 -0500

What does the RIAA want?

Impenetrable Hardware Technology is available to secure campus owned
computers from having P2P applications such as KaZaa installed- see
Valt.X Instant Recovery sub-system at www.valtx.com/ir.pdf. All
unauthorized changes are automatically eliminated upon system reboot.

The RIAA can't expect network operators to control what students do with
their own computers - or do they?

Is there a defense fund?

Dennis Meharchand
CEO, Valt.X Technologies Inc.