Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Distributed Firewalls

From: Christopher Condie <condie () OAKLAND EDU>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 11:30:50 -0500

Here at Oakland University we are in the process of implementing
distributed firewall architecture.  The clear benefit is this
architecture allows us to strengthen and protect our three distinct
networks.  (Administrative, Academic, and Student)  Managing more than
one central firewall appears to be the only drawback, but I would take
that any day.

Christopher R. Condie
Oakland University
Office of Information Technology